Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boredom

So, I have been realizing that one of the things I am missing in my life is adventure. Maybe it's more like danger. Living for a purpose and a mission that is a little risky if you will. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I am experiencing death by boredom. I have been trying to find ways to to live out the gospel, to be more generous with my finances, my energy, and time. But sometimes I still feel bored. I want passion. Excitement. The weird thing, is that I am not alone. As I am talking to friends and co-workers, I realize something is changing. A lot of people aren't satisfied with just working for money any more. People want more than just material possessions. I know some people are just fine moving to the same beat that they have always moved to. It just seems I am noticing some common trends. People no longer want to tolerate the large gaps of injustice. People are recognizing that it is not okay for one group of people to indulge while there neighbors suffer under a cycle poverty and a system of oppression. People are starting to realize that some of the things that we love so much can end up being a curse.

Not really sure what I am trying to say. I just know that I continue to want to live for a cause greater then my comfort. But I am comforted knowing that I am not alone.

-peace.

2 comments:

  1. I heard someone say that both boredom and workahaulism are evidence of not being deeply engaged with things that matter (which some think is a pretty good description of what "laziness" actually is). There's something I could chew on more. We've all got this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts. i will ponder that for a bit.

    ReplyDelete